The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. --Ayn Rand

24.1.08

I long ago accepted that Chinese people, being surrounded by an environment of constant change, ugliness and pollution, have some strange ideas about the world, fashion, politics, science, truth, etc. A Chinese person could say to me, “It is healthy to smoke rather than brush your teeth,” and I wouldn’t be that surprised.

But, today, during a meeting with Everbright Bank, sandwiched between a discussion of who can drink the most and what tea should women drink to keep their youthful color, my manager commented, "Isn't it every girl's dream to open a bar?" I looked around the room at the other women to see their reactions. Apparently, it is the dream of all women.

Back in the US, if a girl said she owned a bar a few thoughts would fly through my mind. Namely, what an ambitious woman, she could be a whore, I wonder how much she can drink, I bet she's a lot of fun to go out with, she could be a bitch.

Then again, maybe I think that about all women. Hrm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home